This virtual membership is designed to support you as a whole athlete so you can strive for your goals and keep uplifting those around you! We believe it’s crucial to have a thorough understanding of why you’re doing certain exercises and how to perform them safely and effectively – that way you can feel comfortable and confident in your movement and progression towards your goals!
The Full Life Fitness Membership works alongside your physical gym access (whether at our Seattle facility or anywhere else) to offer workout programming, exercise technique instruction, and educational clinics to support a robust, healthy lifestyle.
Why Strive & Uplift?
When you work with Strive & Uplift, you are choosing a team that:
- Is founded on the principles of striving to be your best and uplifting those around you. We keep our prices low so everyone can afford quality strength & conditioning.
- Invests in the community. We use the money we get from virtual memberships to increase access to our educational services, do more research, and support our coaches in providing free training to shelters and low-income communities.
- Is a womxn-owned-and-operated small business. In a male-dominated world, we provide you with an opportunity to “vote with your wallet” and support womxn in strength & conditioning in a tangible way.
- Provides responsive training plans. We train a wide variety of humans both in-person & virtually and stay on the cutting edge of what our members need.
- Integrates diverse perspectives on training. We support the whole athlete with our team of specialized coaches & health professionals and use of research-driven resources.
- Empowers people through education. We focus on quality instruction of not only what to do, but also why so you get the most out of training content.
Check out this video to get a look at our memberships and get to know how our team will support you. Every membership has a free 3-day trial and no initiation fees, so if you want to see more, sign up with no obligation!
Our Training Philosophy
We focus on fundamental and functional movement patterns.
- We build strength and control starting with the core, apply it to major lifting patterns, and then to movements in life and sport! Throughout all of this, we take care of soft tissue and mobility work to maintain functional movement.
- We use cyclical training variations to provide variable training stress throughout the year so you keep improving!
- We acknowledge that every athlete has their own goals, working edges, training history, and personal schedule that impact how they interact with their training plan.
- We provide tools and strategies to care for the whole athlete from nutrition and mental health to monitoring training (and life!) stress.
- We respond to athlete feedback and stay current on the latest research through study and collaboration to keep our programming current and responsive to your needs.
Workout of the Week
As a member, each week, you’ll get access to a new Workout of the Week, a strength and conditioning plan you can complete at your gym. You’ll work on activation, mobility, strength, stability, and metabolic conditioning in one all-encompassing workout! Each workout has a consistent structure to it so you can find your rhythm, but with fresh exercises and variations every week so your time in the gym stays exciting.
Follow along with our coaches in an expanding bank of videos recorded from our Virtual Classes. These classes include bodyweight workouts and ones that use equipment, but there are always household options you can pick up instead!
Gym-Free Workout Programming
We know it’s not always possible to get to the gym, so we’ve built a number of bodyweight workouts that don’t use any specialized equipment! They give you a full-body workout and bring the joy of movement wherever you are.
Access a giant library of exercise technique videos! Take some time to learn how to execute some of our coaches’ favorite moves so you can perform them in the gym with confidence. These in-depth videos break down the details of each exercise, describing why it’s a good move to master or try out, how to perform the movement, and important safety considerations for those movements.
Core strength is, well, a core part of our strength philosophy! Your core supports your spine and organs, as well as helps you transfer power into the ground. That means it’s not only central to athletic performance but can also help you live life how you want to! We focus on education about your core anatomy and function and dig deep into breathing, control, and precision, as well as connect your core work into the rest of your life. The bonus? You can do our core training anywhere, with no special equipment required!
Soft Tissue & Mobility Clinics
These clinics will teach you a variety of ways to keep your muscles and other soft tissues moving smoothly and open up the mobility of your joints, both with and without the use of tools like massage balls and foam rollers. This information will help you learn how to counteract the effects of our modern lifestyle, where we’re often stuck in one position for long periods of time. Learn how to keep your tissues healthy, happy, and moving through their full range of motion so you can live your life to the fullest!
The nutrition clinics in our resource library will help you understand how to best fuel every day, for different types of exercise, and for optimal recovery. We also have a full hour-long clinic with specific recommendations for folx with female hormones.
So many different aspects of our health interact and overlap to influence our quality of life. By getting in touch with your internal well-being through education on stress management, goal setting, mind-body connection, and more, you can see tangible benefits in how you feel mentally, emotionally, and physically. Our mental health clinics dive into different topics in these interconnected spheres.
We want everyone to have access to high-quality strength & conditioning and whole athlete resources, so the Full Life Fitness Membership operates on a name-your-price sliding scale. We suggest $15/month, but you can pay as little as $10/month, or pay more if you’re able! If you pay higher amounts, that allows more folx to gain access to our resources!